Senior Program Manager
Status: Full-Time Employee for 24 months
Location: Varanasi / West Bengal
Essential Job Functions
- Project implementation, meeting quality deliverables and timelines within the budgetary norms.
- Manage project operations, work with individuals internal and external to the project/program to exchange information, solve problems, resolve conflicts, develop workflow processes, allocate department resources across projects, and ensure efficient and effective implementations of initiatives.
- Collaboration with the project director, project managers, and district managers for smooth and timely implementation of deliverables of the project.
- Development of the detailed implementation plan and implementation of same.
- Team implementation support in the conduct of Feasibility study (design, tool, data collection, hiring of external experts, if required).
- Evaluate, hire, and manage resources needed to support the project.
- Be part of thematic discussion and development of concept especially on Hub and Spoke model of farmers collective and ensuring the implementation of same.
- Developing a business plan for Hub and Spoke to farmers collectively, mobilizing working capital and achieving business plan targets.
- Designing and developing Grameen Mitra’s role and work plan in alignment with the Business Plan of Hub and Spoke.
- Guidance in improving the resilience of farming households through digital financial and nonfinancial products/ services leveraging GM.
- Ensuring the introduction, adoption, and implementation of a women-centric one-farm approach.
- Ensuring the introduction of green, climate-smart, and women-friendly agriculture technologies among women.
- Facilitating access to financial linkages and convergence of FPOO and farmers with welfare schemes/programs.
- Defining the scope of GMs’ interaction with the FPOs in demand aggregation and supply of products and services along with the revenue structure of the GMs”
- Development of assessment tool to be used during the selection of hub-spoke FPOs.
- Coordination with various resources to avail services for Hub and Spoke FPOs on the technical, financial, market, and Agri extension.
- Managing Agriculture Input Marketing & Agri Commodities Trading.
- Ensuring the utilization of catalyst awards for Hub and Spoke FPOs.
- Guiding and providing support to the district managers on the implementation of the project.
- Assist FPOs in forging market linkages for fair price realization.
- Creating a linkage with different bulk buyers for the products available with the FPOs.
- Liasoning with various financial institutions for the credit requirement of FPOs.
- Develop detailed project plans with associated milestones and work with internal and external personnel to ensure goals, timelines, and quality parameters are achieved using Project Management tools.
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed on the progress of the projects.
- Create and manage budgets, and track progress against budgets.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- He/ She should have 10-15 years of experience in the agriculture domain particularly with Agri value chain interventions, Agri supply chain management, FPO capacity building, marketing and financial linkages, strategic thinking on developing business sales and marketing strategy for FPOs, have capacity to develop strategic marketing linkage for FPO’s business functioning and marketing of their produce.
- Experience of managing large implementation team
- The minimum qualification would be Post Graduate in Agriculture /Rural Development/Rural Management /Social science from a reputed institute
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to the Project Director. The incumbent will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus any additional hours to get the job done. The position will be based at Varanasi. This position will need to be flexible to work across different time zones and may require frequent domestic or international travel.
Compensation: GFSI offers a competitive compensation package.
How to apply: Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Program Manager – [City / Location]” in the subject line.
Grameen Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female candidates to apply