Status: Full-Time Employee for 24 months
Location: West Bengal
Essential Job Functions
- Advice and support to Agri team on gender issues
- Advice policy and facilitation of knowledge building on gender issues
- Supervision of the project team and FPO office bearers on gender issues
- Advocacy and promotion of Agri project mandate and mission to various forums, government departments, and FPOs
- Compilation, analysis, and interpretation of gender issues and statistical data, thorough research, and the preparation of top quality analysis and reports.
- Production and launch of a gender report focusing on women’s participation in FPOs
- Facilitates knowledge building and mainstreaming of gender in the FPO eco-system focusing on women-centric technology and promotion of green and climate-resilient technologies.
- Conduct assessment of the FPO gender policies and their impact on women’s growth, equity, etc.
- Organize training and capacity-building workshops for FPO staff and officials on gender sensitization and conduct gender and household dialogues with communities to generate awareness.
- Conduct gender gap assessment of FPOs and provide inputs on increasing women’s participation in FPOs
- Awareness generation of women shareholders and BOD members on active Effective monitoring, measuring the impact of the Agri program, and evaluation. Constant monitoring and analysis of the program and timely readjustment of the program.
- Prepare reports on activities, outputs, and outcomes.
- Publish papers and blogs on best practices highlighting women in agriculture.
- Organize webinars quarterly.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- He/ she should have minimum 10 years of experience in Rural development special focus on Gender and agriculture.
- The minimum qualification would be Post Graduate in Rural Development/Management /Social science from a reputed institute
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to the Project Director. The incumbent will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus any additional hours to get the job done. The position will be based at Varanasi. This position will need to be flexible to work across different time zones and may require frequent domestic or international travel.
Compensation: GFSI offers a competitive compensation package.
How to apply: Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of
motivation to email@example.com with “Gender Expert – West Bengal” in the subject line.
Grameen Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female candidates to apply