District Program Manager
Status: Full-Time Employee for 24 months
Location: Varanasi / West Bengal
Essential Job Functions
- Implementation of FPO strengthening strategy especially focused on Hub and Spoke model of FPOs.
- Ensuring process and utilization of methodology &tools while selecting Hub and Spoke FPOs
- Daily planning, organization, supervision, and administration of the activities of the FPOs as per the business plan of FPOs
- Identification and implementation of women-centric one-farm approach among the women of FPOs.
- Promotion and facilitation of convergence of various government welfare schemes.
- Identification, Introduction, and implementation of climate-resilient women-friendly technologies.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of trainers
- Make sure that work progresses satisfactorily
- Ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance, especially for Hub and spoke FPOs.
- Ensuring that the projected financial targets are being met, and utilization of funding support at the FPO level.
- Implementation of improving the resilience of farming households through digital financial and nonfinancial products/services leveraging GM.
- Assisting FPOs with market linkages, technology, and finance to help FPOs in business operations
- Managing and coordinating meetings with Resource Institutions and other agencies (IRRI, KVKs, Agriculture Department)
- Ensuring linkages with ESPs, TSPs, and FSPs
- Ensuring implementation and tracking &use of data of project MIS and digital base app solutions The development of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
- Maintaining other analytics regarding trainee engagement including attendance, academic progress, etc
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- He/ she should have 5 to 8 years of experience in the agriculture domain, particularly in Agri supply chain management, FPO management, Managing FPO business portfolio, FPO capacity building, ensuring market, Finance and Technology linkages, liaisoning with government department and market players.
- The minimum qualification would be Bachelor/Post Graduate in Agriculture /Rural Development/Social science from a reputed institute
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to the Sr. Program Manager. The incumbent will be expected to work a typical work week of 40 hours plus any additional hours to get the job done. The position will be based at Varanasi. This position will need to be flexible to work across different time zones and may require frequent domestic or international travel.
Compensation: GFSI offers a competitive compensation package.
How to apply: Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to email@example.com with “District Program Manager – [City/Location]” in the subject line.
Grameen Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female candidates to apply